5 Tips for Ladies to Get a Guy Interested in You
Ladies, maybe you wonder if it is prudent to ask a man out on a date. I believe that you are free to try, but I would advise against it for two reasons. First, assertive women are a turnoff to most men. Second, men need to learn how to lead in relationships.
If a guy won’t lead in the beginning of a relationship, then he likely will not do so later. So, if you know a guy whom you wish to date, it’s best to wait until he asks you out. I know that waiting for a man to call you can be agonizing, but it is worth it in the long run. However, you do not have to wait passively.
If you meet a man who interests your heart, you can do some things to increase the chances that he will call you:
- When you are around a man whom you like, give him signals to let him know that you’re interested. For example, don’t be afraid to smile, flirt, or strike up a conversation with him and attempt to determine his interest in you. As you talk, honestly ask yourself, “Does he truly seem attracted to me?” Generally, you can tell by whether or not he keeps his attention on you.
- Get involved in some of the same group activities in which the guy you like participates, such as volunteer groups, recreational teams, Bible studies, etc. This will increase your exposure to him and the chance to talk. However, don’t fake an interest in the activities. Get involved out of a genuine desire.
- Plan a group activity, and invite the guy whom you like. You can throw a party, have people over for dinner, arrange for a group to go dancing, attend a concert, or watch a sporting event. Create an environment for him to show interest in you.
- If you try these methods and the man fails to pay any attention to you, then forget him, and move on with your life. He was not your only chance at a passionate relationship. Rest in Christ’s love for you, and wait to attract another man.
- When a man does ask you out, clarify his plans. For safety reasons, avoid first date activities in which you will be alone together. Instead, do something in a public place. Click here for a helpful list of ideas. Also, if you are uncertain about a guy’s intentions, you might want to meet him for lunch first. Above all, do not give your heart to a man until you have determined his character.
Finally, don’t be afraid of dating rejection because you believe that you have nothing to offer someone. If you’re depressed or focused on yourself, then you probably don’t have much to contribute. However, when you possess integrity and the love of Jesus Christ, you definitely have something to offer.
You don’t need the most attractive face, the best body, or the most money to be interesting to the opposite sex. Those things are fine, but they do not hold relationships together. Your character and Christ living within you make you worth getting to know.
Article written by Rob Eagar Photo credit: Jaap Cleutiens